Glass Gates, have a very long product life expectancy. They aren’t prone to paint/colour peeling or severe rust damage, which ensures their usability and legality is maintained. Glass Gates are usually made to be 10mm – 12mm in thickness. We recommend the use of 10mm thick Glass Gates to ensure the longevity and durability of the hinges and structure. The loss of weight between a standard width gate in 12mm and 10mm is a bit more than 5kg which helps to reduce slamming when the gate is closed and puts less stress on the hinges and latch over time. This is only a recommendation and is therefore entirely optional. If you wish to maintain the 12mm glass throughout the entire structure for aesthetic reasons, then that is perfectly fine. We can install heavier duty hinges to accomodate the larger gates if required.
If you have an existing glass to glass gate or floor closer system, we normally recommend changing the system to a Polaris Hinge system. We’ve found that they are the most reliable and have the least amount of issues long term. They also provide the best warranty because they’re an Australian company that strongly backs their product.
Key Product Features
- 10mm & 12mm Toughened Safety Glass with latch and hinge water-jet cutout and holes
- Glass to Glass, Post to Glass and Post to Post type Glass Gates available
- Installable into all types of balustrade and fencing where necessary
- Optional D&D Technologies latch or fully stainless 316L marine grade latch
- No maintenance required, other than occasional cleaning and lubrication
- Soft closing to avoid slamming and long term issues caused as a result of slamming
Schedule me for a FREE quote
0433 524 629